Monday, October 4, 2010

Zucchini Bread with Maple Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting

Okay, tis the season for baking!! Today's weather made me want to cook, and that is exactly what I did all day long. I have been trying to make zucchini bread since, probably August. I never know which recipe to use, so I tried a new one. It turned out pretty good. The only thing I would have changed is to cut back on the flour just a tich. I thought it was just a little dry.

3 Eggs
1 C oil
1 3/4 C white sugar
2 C shredded zucchini
2 tsp vanilla
3 C all purpose flour (this is the correct amount, I wouldn't cut it back anymore than 1/4 c)
2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 C chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 2- 8x4 or 4- mini loaf pans. Mix eggs, add oil and sugar, then zucchini and vanilla. Mix in the rest of the ingredients. Bake 60 minutes for the large loaf pans and about 40 minutes for the mini loaf pans or until toothpick comes out clean.

Maple Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting

1/2 C butter, softened
1 8oz package cream cheese, softened
4 C powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 - 1 tsp maple flavoring (depending on preferance)
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Mix all together and top zucchini bread once cooled.

1 comment:

Trent and Kim said...

I made this last night and it turned out really good! I used mostly applesauce instead of oil and cut the flour down by 1/4 of a cup. Thanks Amy, delish!