Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Crockpot Shredded BBQ Chicken

Today I tried a new recipe. I found it on a food blog that I look at every now and then called My Kitchen Cafe. I will be completely honest I am usually very hesitant of crockpot meals, mine always turn out dry no matter how careful I am, but today I thought that I would give it a shot. The blog that I got this recipe from suggested that you serve this on rice or noodles. I served it with rice, but I think that next time I would serve it on a baked potato with some sour cream, or even just on the side of some yummy mashed potatoes. I am not a huge rice or pasta fan, I prefer my potato! You could even serve it on a roll and have a yummy shredded BBQ chicken sandwich. The only thing to be careful with is the sauce that you make stays thin and could make the sandwich a little soggy. There really are lots of possibilities, now on with the good stuff!!

Crockpot BBQ Chicken

4-6 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 TBSP olive oil (any oil will work, butter too)
1/4 C ketchup
1/2 C apple cider vinegar
1/2 C granulated sugar
1 onion diced (use how ever much you would like, I used about 1/4 of one and it was plenty)
1 TBSP soy sauce
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1 C beef broth

In a large skillet heat oil, season chicken with salt and pepper and cook 1-2 minutes on each side, until nicely brown. Put chicken in crockpot. In medium size bowl mix remaining ingredients whisking well. Pour over chicken. Cook in crockpot on low for 6 hours. Shred and Enjoy!!

No comments: