Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Lemon Chicken Rice

4 thawed, uncooked chicken breasts (Can dice, cut in strips, or leave whole)
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 clove of garlic minced
2 c chicken broth
1/2 c water
1 Tbsp grated lemon peel
Juice of 1 lemon
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp paprika, or 1/8 tsp paprika and 1/4 tsp of your favorite poultry seasoning (I used Emril's and it was great)


In large skillet heat olive oil, add the garlic and stir, then add the chicken. Cook until brown on both sides and mostly done in the middle. Add rice to the skillet, then pour in broth, water, lemon juice, zest, pepper, paprika, and poultry seasoning if using. Cover and simmer for about 20-25 minutes until rice is cooked, chicken is all the way done, and most liquid is absorbed.

I served this with Parmesan Roasted Broccoli, which Kim introduced me to and some cooked carrots. I sauteed my carrots in a little butter and when they were almost done I added the juice of an orange and a little salt. It was a great, and very citrusy meal!

No comments: