Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Chile Rellenos Casserole

This might sound a little interesting, but it is actually pretty good and really easy. I doubled the original recipe because I think I remember it not really filling a 9x13 pan. So I hope I am right, but if it looks like it is going to be too full, you can put some in a 8x8 pan. Sorry, it has been a while since I made this! But I think it will be fine in one 9x13. Just wanted to put in a disclaimer.

1 lb ground beef or turkey
1/2 onion chopped
1 tsp salt
1/2 pepper
3-4 (4 oz.) cans chopped green chiles
2 cups grated cheddar or mexican blend cheese
3 cups milk
6 eggs beaten
1 tsp salt
4 Tbsp flour

Cook meat and onion in skillet until meat is brown, seasoning with 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Drain any fat. Lightly grease a 9x13 pan, and layer with the meat, green chiles, and cheese. In separate bowl combine milk, eggs, flour, and remaining salt. Stir until well blended, then pour over the meat mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes, or until casserole is set and knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

1 comment:

mike and amy vb said...

This was so good!! I am so glad to finally have the recipe!!