Friday, May 21, 2010

Shredded Beef Sandwiches

A couple of years ago Liz and Craig gave us some Whiskey Steak Seasoning from Cabela's. At first I didn't know what to use it on, but once I started to use it I loved it and now use it all the time. I use it on a lot of my beef dishes, especially my roasts, hamburgers, and steaks.

I like to make this dish in the crock pot. Sorry I really don't know the measurements I just dump in on this one.

A Rump Roast
Salt
Pepper
Whiskey Smoke seasoning
water

Provolone Cheese - sliced
Tomatoes - sliced
Rolls - I LOVE the Kaiser rolls from Sam's Club

When I did this today, I put my roast in frozen, but it works thawed too. Put your roast in the crock pot and season with seasonings. Since the roast I used today was frozen I cooked it on high for about 5 hours, shredded it and then cooked it on low for another 2-3 hours, until the meat is nice and tender.

To serve I put a slice of cheese on the roll, put meat on cheese (to help the cheese melt) and top it off with a nice juicy tomato. Serve and enjoy. Make sure you have lots of napkins, cause it is a little messy.

No comments: