Friday, May 21, 2010

Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas

I hope that you guys don't get sick of only me posting recipes. I guess it isn't my fault.

This is what I made for Cinco de Mayo. They turned out really good.

2 - Large chicken Breasts - poached and shredded (I used a rotisserie chicken)
1 - 8 oz block of cream cheese - softened
1 - 28 oz can green enchilada sauce - I like La Victoria
1 - can black beans drained and rinsed
2 c cooked rice - season rice with salt, zest of a lime, juice of a lime, and cilantro to taste.
6-8 flour tortillas
1-2 c shredded Monterrey Jack or Pepper Jack cheese

Mix chicken, cream cheese, and 1 1/2 c of enchilada sauce. Set aside. Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray, pour about a 1/2 c of enchilada sauce in bottom of pan.

Layer 1/4 c rice, black beans (however many you like) and 1/2 c of chicken mixture on each tortilla. Roll and put in pan seam side down. Top with rest of enchilada sauce and cheese.

Bake at 375 for about 25 min, covered. Uncover and cook for an additional 5 min to brown cheese.

I served these with salsa, guacamole, olives, and sour cream.

No comments: