Friday, December 4, 2009

Sweet Potato Bake


This was a huge hit at our Thanksgiving dinner. Mike, who can't stand sweet potatoes accually had seconds, and Lynzee couldn't stop eating them, she actually licked the pan clean. I was pretty impressed myself. I got the original recipie from Paula Deen's web site and made a couple of changes.

Ingredients:

3 C mashed sweet potatoes
1 C white sugar
1/3 C butter, melted
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 C half and half
pinch of salt

Topping:
1 C brown sugar
3 Tbsp butter, chilled
1/3 C all-purpose flour
1 C pecans chopped
1/2 C coconut

Mix together with a pastry cutter or fork and sprinkle on top of the casserole. I actually 1 1/2 this part cause I love the topping.

Preheat oven to 325. Mix all the ingredients together except for the cream. Beat together with a mixer (I just used my hand mixer) until smooth. Add cream, mix well. Pour into a greased casserole dish, add topping. Bake for 25-30 min.

No comments: