Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Buttermilk Banana Bread

I made this bread yesterday, and I thought it was really good.

Buttermilk Banana Bread

1/2 c butter, softened
1 c sugar
2 eggs
1 c mashed bananas, about 2-3 bananas
4 T buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 c all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp baking soda

Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour your pan. I actually used 3 small loaf pans. This recipe will make enough for one large loaf pan, one med sized loaf pan and one small, 3 small loaf pans, or muffins.

Cream softened butter and sugar. Add eggs, bananas, buttermilk, and vanilla. Mix well. Combine dry ingredients and add gradually to banana mixture. Just mix till combined. Put in pan(s) of choice.

Bake at 350 for 30-50 min. depending on the size of your pan. The larger the pan the longer you'll cook it. For the 3 small loaf pans I cooked them 30 min. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 15 minutes. Take out of the pan and cool on a wire rack.

1 comment:

Trent and Kim said...

This is perfect, I have buttermilk and bananas I need to use up! Thanks Amy, I will try this one out.