Tuesday, March 9, 2010

White Chicken Chili

White Chicken Chili
3 Chicken breasts, cooked and diced
1 medium onion, diced
2 cloves garlic
2 cans (15 oz) white northern beans
1 can chicken broth
1 small can chopped green chilies
1 t. salt
1 t. cumin
1 t. pepper
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup whipping cream

Put sour cream & whipping cream in pot and whisk smooth. Add chicken broth & spices and stir again. Add other ingredients. Cook until hot. Can be put in crockpot for 3 hours on low!
I think this is even better the 2nd day! Before you add your salt check to make sure that it really needs it, and I wouldn't put as much pepper as this calls for it makes it too spicy for little kids. Super yummy!

2 comments:

Trent and Kim said...

I made this the other night in the crock pot and it was so good! Aiden and Trent both loved it. I browned my chicken and then added everything and put it on low for 3 hours, delicious.

Unknown said...

I made it in the crockpot too! But I did it differently. I added everything but the sour cream and the half and half, and put the chicken in frozen, and let it cook in the broth. When it was done I took it out and cut it up and then added the sour cream. It was so good! Thanks for posting it!- Lori, not dad. Im just using his wonderful computer.