Thursday, November 12, 2009

Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu


I love Chicken Cordon Bleu, but never make it... Why? Because the only time that I remember trying was when we were in Vacaville and Mom wanted to do it for Christmas dinner. For some reason remember it being a little more ambitious than what I want to do for an evening dinner on a weeknight. I also must remember that I was only 9, maybe 10.


I found this recipie on another food blog I can't remember which one cause I like to look at so many, but I thought I would give it a try. I changed it a bit and thought that it turned out pretty good.


4 Chicken Breasts

4 Slices of Deli Ham

4 Slices of Swiss cheese

1 can Cream of Chicken soup

1/2 -1 C canned milk (depending on how thick you want the gravy)

1 tsp lemon juice

1/4 - 1/2 tsp dried thyme

couple grinds of pepper (sorry, you guys know how I measure)

1 1/2 C bread crumbs

1/4 C melted butter


Place chicken breasts in a baking pan, season with salt and pepper. Put a slice of ham on the top of each chicken breast then top the ham with a piece of swiss cheese. Mix soup with the canned milk (you could use regular milk too), lemon juice, thyme, and pepper and pour over the chicken breasts. Mix the melted butter with the bread crumbs, I also seasoned them caused I used unseasoned bread crumbs, and spread over the top of the soup mixture.


Bake at 350 degrees covered for 30 min then uncover and bake another 15 min.

2 comments:

The Headrick Family said...

mmm...looks good I will have to give it a try!

Trent and Kim said...

I love this blog! Best thing in my life right now (besides people)